Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Review of Shortstack

Shortstack received a very kind review on Amazon, the tenth review, giving it a 4.6 average rating. I really appreciate hearing what readers have to say about what I write. If you read Shortstack, feel free to drop me a line by email or write a review on Amazon and let me know.
Here is the most recent, five star, review:


"I was planning on writing a review when I finished reading this book, but it appears as thought I may never be completely finished with it. As I travel around the country for work, Shortstack has been a constant companion for the past few months. It stays neatly tucked inside of my bag beside my laptop, and I pull it out and read a short story at the airport, or before bed, or while waiting for a meal to be brought out at a restaurant. There, I open the thing up anywhere and read whatever short story emerges.
I must have, by now, read each one at least half a dozen times, but it doesn't seem to bother me. I still keep opening the thing and reading them over. While not usually a fan of short stories, I am a very big fan of Timothy Hurley. The stories he has assembled in this book are very much like the proverbial box of chocolates, as the reader never really does know what they are going to get. There are heart touching truth based tales about the author's world that remind me of Robert Fulghum with lessons from a life well lived. And there are whimsical, seemingly nonsensical tales that you have to read two or three times to find all of the little hidden gems of wit in.
Whatever story you open to though, you may be certain that it will be a good one, well written, well crafted, and well delivered. Shortstack has found a permanent place in my world, alongside a very limited number of books that I hold dear and reach to open, time and time again. That's why I had to finally write this review...because I'll never be completely finished reading this one." --Buzz Malone, author of Silence of Centerville (Amazon eBook and paperback)

Shortstack at Amazon, price discounted on Kindle Countdown this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment